Re: tricky XHTML 1.0 namespace question

"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> writes:

> If so, is:
>
>                       This is also available <xhtml:a
> xhtml:href="http://www.w3.org/">online</xhtml:a>.
>
> equivalent to:
>
>                       This is also available <xhtml:a
> href="http://www.w3.org/">online</xhtml:a>.
>
> While XHTML seems to assume that attributes with no prefix fall into
> the namespace of their containing element throughout, I can't find
> this stated explicitly.  (Perhaps they weren't aware that this has
> been a contentious issue?)

Yes, it would have been better if RDF and XHTML had included explicit
statements to this effect, though I have yet to see a spec that does
things the other way.  It's not too late for XHTML -- try submitting a
formal comment to the WG before it goes to REC.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/