Re: Printing the URL next to the link (was:RE: Fixed table width)

At 02:29 PM 1/7/00 -0800, Daniel Hiester wrote:
>-- A somewhat similar functionality (but less "ugly") is offerred by some
>existing browsers:
>Both Internet Explorer 5.0 and many versions of Lynx allow printing the
>list of
>URLs with their link descriptions at the bottom of the printed page. Lynx
>also can
>put numbers next to the links' description in the text itself.--
>
>They CAN, but I don't think that markup has an interface that makes sure a
>browser WILL.

In principle this also can be done with a style sheet. However you'll need a
style language that allows for transformation, e.g., XSL(T).

This or any other stylesheet solution doesn't ever "make sure" as the user
may decide to print the document while ignoring (or overriding) the author's
stylesheet.

Nir.
Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics