RE: ENQUIRY ABOUT WHO OWNS THE HTML !!

> From:	ADNAN BARADI [SMTP:adnanbaradi@joinnet.com.jo]
>
> PLEASE, WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WHO OWNS THE (HTML) AT PRESENT !!  IS IT
	[DJW:]
	The copyright on the specification is owned by the World Wide Web
	Consortium.  Full details are in the specification, which you should
	have downloaded and read before even thinking of asking this
	question.

> STILL RELATED TO THE FOUNDERS AT SWITZERLAND, WHAT EVER THE ANSWER
> TO THIS, IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THEIR FULL ADDRESS, BESIDE THEIR E-MAIL
> ADDRESS, DO THEY HAVE A WEB
> SITE?

	[DJW:]  The web site is the obvious one that you can deduce from
	the address of this mailing list:

	<http://www.w3.org/>

> WHAT ABOUT MICROSOFT AND NETS SCAPE, DO THEY OWN A COPYWRITE TO THE
> HTML, IF THEY ARE INVOLVED WITH THE OWNER SHIP, WHAT IS BRIEFLY THE
	[DJW:]
	They are members of the consortium.

> COLOR CODING, WHICH IS BASED UPON THE HTML COLOR CODES, BUT WITH A
	[DJW:]
	HTML colour codes are deprecated, and not in the strict versions
	of the language, as you would have discovered by reading the
	specification.  Any proposal to add presentational features, like
	this, is almost certainly going to get rejected.  (Deprecated means
	that they may be used to support old browser, but should be phased
	out of new pages as soon as practicable.)  Such features are handled
	using style sheets.

	I have a suspicion that CSS3 already includes sophisticated colour
	models, like ICC.  For more heavily graphical material, SVG would
	be the medium of choice.

	I don't think you will get much support for adding support for
	proprietory features to browsers, especially given that Netscape
	6 is based on open source code, so they will lose most of their
	developers for any feature that requires a licence fee.

	[IANAL]