Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-connolly-text-html-00.txt

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> It might be an AS, but an AS is a standards-track document, and the
> whole purpose of this process is getting HTML *off* the IETF standards
> track.

Thank you for this very important clarification.  I had jumped to the
conclusion that obsoleting Standards Track documents implied the
substitution of a new document aimed at standardization.  I now see this
as the first move to "retire" HTML; it's a move I would agree with.

Arjun