Re: XHTML and DOM

> I frankly do not see why the XHTML tag names have to be lowercase
especially
> when the decision clearly conflicts with the DOM spec.

We really don't have to rehash this issue!! Please see the archives for the
pro's and con's and the reasons why lowercase was used. Please note that
matters such as these are arrived at by consensus, and although I was one of
the advocates of upper case, i am even learning to like lower case!

Also note that the DOM refers to HTML when it advocates uppercase, not
XHTML. you are still free to write all your HTML documents in what ever case
you want. Just don't try and use any XML tools on them because they wont
work.

XHTML is in conformance with the XML DOM not the HTML DOM.

why was a yet-to-be-resolved
> issue (namespace-schema mapping) in a work-in-progress draft (XML Schema)
> used in the XHTML spec?

XHTML does not use namespace-schema mapping

Frank (speaking for my self)