Re: XHTML DTD Problem!

I can't see any XHTML DTD problem here. There might be a problem in either
what

you exactly did, and or in your browser, or both.

If you served the document from a file on your hard disc with extension
.xml, the browser seems to be correct to assume that it is XML.
Also it refuses to render XML documents without style sheets as rendering is
undefined.

The fact that it complained about some lt entity, make me suspect
that you cut and pasted from the HTML source of the example, rather from the
rendered view. So all the < that delimit the begining of a tag where written
as &lt; in your file. (Another possibility is poorly written error messages
on
behalf of the browser)

In anycase, if you'll cut and paste the sample from the rendered view of your
browser, and serve it through HTTP with
content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8

the browser should display it as HTML.

Regards,
Nir Dagan.

xmlns="<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/strict>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/strict"
href="<http://vlib.org/>http://vlib.org/">vlib.org</a>.</p>

> Error:
> The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style
sheet.
> Please correct the error and then click the Refresh
> <javascript:location.reload()> button, or try again later.   Error while
> parsing entity 'lt'. A declaration was not closed. Line 1, Position 1
>
> <
>
> What is going on?
>

> Matt Idso
> Quality Assurance Tester