Re: The Future of HTML (was: Acronyms and Abbreviations)

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

>Perhaps someone should start collecting a list of "standard" class
>names?

While I don't know if introducing new elements for e.g. names are a good
idea, I'm a bit skeptical about "standard" class names. Wouldn't we just
end up with the same kind of mess that we have with meta-names and content
of LINK rel and rev? I mean, "description" and "keywords" are pretty
standard meta names, and of course <LINK rel=next ...>, you've got Dublin
Core and so on, and a pretty nice list of things in use are at
<URL:http://vancouver-webpages.com/META/> but we needed RDF to clear up in
these issues... If you really need something that must be standard, then
you need a formal specification that is clear, it seems to me.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Graduate astronomy-student                    Problems worthy of attack