Re: Future version of HTML!?

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Frank Boumphrey wrote:

> You miss the point,
> ISO issues standards, W3C being an Industrial consortium issues
> recommendations, which may or may not be followed. If they are followed then
> they gain some credence as a de-facto standard.

Exactly my point.  The HTML recommendations haven't become de-facto
standards.  They are not even folled by the consortium members.  So W3C's
HTML recommendations are not standards.

       <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~roconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''