Re: [QUES]: is there a noforms tag?

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:

> is there a <noform> </noform> tag in html version 4.?

No, there isn't, as you can see by checking the list of elements:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/index/elements.html

> if there is no such tag or a similar tag i would like to suggest
> consideration for its inclusion in a future version of html.

And what would it mean, and what would be the syntax, and what
would be useful for? Would it be used for browsers which do not
support forms, so that you could specify the alternative content
(such as an E-mail address, phone number, or postal address)?
We might have needed such an element years ago, but practically
speaking all browsers support forms nowadays.

User agents which are fundamentally different from graphical or
text-mode browsers may have difficulties with forms. But it seems
that e.g. speech-based user agents could be programmed to handle
fill-out forms, especially if authors use the accessibility enhancements
defined in HTML 4.0 (such as LABEL). So a construct for specifying
alternative content wouldn't really be needed.

--
Yucca, http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/ or http://yucca.hut.fi/yucca.html