Re: Add new tags to HTML

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Tim Bagot wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Braden N. McDaniel wrote:
>
> > 3.1 of the XHTML spec currently says that conforming XHTML documents *must*
> > be valid to one of the XHTML DTDs. So I think the answer is: you can't do
> > that.
>
> Could one still validly use XHTML with XML namespaces, thereby
> permitting the embedding of document segments using other DTDs
> (and, presumably, style sheets)?

Yes, this is ok, but the XHTML 1.0 spec defines strict conformance
only in terms of the DTDs included in the spec. The W3C HTML
activity is chartered to work on defining document profiles for
combinations of XHTML modules and other tagsets.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)