Re: Voyager /HTML element & attribute names should be UPPER-CASE.

At 10:43a -0800 02/25/99, Lucille Arneson wrote:
>Walter, you are right, again. It is a step backwards to not let us have the
>option to use upper case for elements.
>
>It does appear as though the "collective mind" to allow only lower case is
>made up. I don't recall, if you are on a PC or Mac system, but if PC, there
>is a good editor, "HTML Assistant Pro 97", which I use that allows one to

I'm a programmer and an artist, therefore I use a Mac at home and at work. :)

>globally switch tags to upper or lower case and also color them. That will
>probably become the best way to deal with this problem. I like to work with
>upper case on, but then I could switch to lower case before uploading to the
>Internet.

I suppose I could write a script to do likewise in my editor of choice
(Tex-Edit Plus, an AppleScriptable styled-text editor [1]). I already started
to work on a tag/attribute colorizer, so adding a change-case functionality
would be just another line or two of code. Hmm, jolly good idea!

-Walter
 [1] http://www.nearside.com/trans-tex/
 Walter Ian Kaye, Menlo Park, CA, USA | Programmer - AppleScript/FaceSpan,
 http://www.natural-innovations.com/  |              Perl, HTML, & ProTERM
 http://www.oschoice.org/             |   Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter
 Perl on Unix, AppleScript on MacOS, at the nation's first WWW server
 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~boo/