Re: Uploading files with Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac OS

At 2:58a -0800 02/24/99, Reinier van Kleij wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am implementing a form that uploads files. I only allow gif (.gif) or jpeg
>(.jpg) files.
>In the form I have some JavaScript that checks the file extensions to be
>correct (.gif or .jpg).
>The form is submitted and an ASP is doing all the uploading using the
>ActiveFile ActiveX component. This component allows me to see also the mime
>type of the uploaded file. The following MIME types are allowed: image/gif
>and image/jpeg. This to avoid the people change the file extension to upload
>applications (cq viruses). Everything works perfect for IE & Netscape on Win
>platforms and for Netscape on Mac: they all send the correct mime type of
>the uploaded  files.
>
> IE 4.5 for Mac though sends application/x-macbinary when uploading a jpeg
>or gif file, which is obviously wrong...
>
>Does anybody know, why IE is doing this and how to correct this "feature"?

No, but you might wish to join the MacIE mailing list:

   <mailto:macie-talk-on@lists.boingo.com?body=subscribe>

Oh, and also check your Internet Config file mappings.

-Walter
 who names his jpegs as .jpeg not .jpg cuz they're still experts <g>
 ('sides, 3-char extensions went out with win31)