RE: accented characters, etc.

At 4:24 pm +0100 3/12/99, Grzegorz Balnis wrote:

>My problem is, that there's no standard transformation defined between ISO
>character entities and Unicode (or maybe there is?).

So far as the iso-8859 extensions are concerned, there certainly is, the first byte being the number of the extension and the second byte being the same as it would be if you were using single-byte characters, so Latin-1 î will be Unicode Ǯ

..presuming that this is what you meant.

After all Unicode itself is an ISO standard.

JD