RE: XHTML

At 9:47 AM -0700 8/3/99, Chris Wilson wrote:
>Except that this would be a significant and incompatible change from HTML
>4.0.
>
>-Chris Wilson

FWIW, all released versions of Internet Explorer for MacOS fail with
HTML's checked="checked" syntax. It has been reported to me, however,
that they succeed with a boolean checked="true|false" syntax. Would
make an interesting backwards compatibility case for changing to a
boolean in XHTML if other deployed UAs also recover gracefully from
this syntax.