Re: VT100, color, and HTML

 WIK> Umm... if I want to make something red in Lynx, can I embed VT100
 WIK> escape codes into HTML? Or is there some other way to force Lynx
 WIK> to show colors? I want to give some form fields a red background,
 WIK> or at least make some field labels red.

You should just use the color attribute of the font tag, or CSS. If
lynx don't support either, mayby you can help extending it so it does
(yes, afaik lynx is still being developed).

HTML renders on much other than Lynx, and even lynx run on many
terminal standards, not just vt100. So it is a very bad idea to try to
embet vt100 codes in your HTML.

If your application is only supposed to work on text terminals, maybe
you should use the curses library rather than HTML.

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \               CityOnLine IB Production AB - http://www.CityOnLine.se/