Re: Translation into french

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:15:12 +0900
To: Emmanuel Dussy <edussy@hol.fr>, <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: reagle@w3.org, dsr@w3.org
At 03:41 98/02/17 -0500, Emmanuel Dussy wrote:
> I'd like to translate the HTML 4.0 Specifications into french to put it
> in my site. As people who are working on it seem not to work 'too hard',
> I want to do it on my own. Does anyone know if I can ?
> Thanx.

Hello Emmanuel (and anybody else thinking about translating),

In principle, everybody can translate HTML 4.0, or any other W3C
specifications, given that s/he follows the rules. These rules
are given in the W3C Intellectual Property FAQ [1], in particular
Section 5.6: Can I translate one of your specifications into another
language?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html#translate

If you have any further questions, I recommend that you subscribe
to w3c-translators@w3.org (mailto:w3c-translators-request@w3.org)
and follow the discussions or post your questions there.

Regards,   Martin.