Re: LINK TYPE=override/type

This issue come up wherever (i) TYPE is used to indicated remote
resource type, which is the case for LINK, A, SCRIPT, and OBJECT
(at least so far),  or (ii) when META is used to define the default
script, or charset type for a given document.  Needless to say,
the override order should be the same in all cases.

I believe that tradition (and common sense) say that HTTP-provided
header information should override anything stated in the referring
markup element, since the header contains a 'real-time' definition
of the HTTP message payload, which contains a lot of payload-related
information in addition to mime type.

On a practical level, I don't believe that TYPE, in any of the above
contexts, is supported by current browsers -- does anyone know of
examples where TYPE is supported?

Ian