Re: Suggestion: ALTHREF attribute

 JG>    <META NAME="MIRROR" HREF="http://www.mymirror.com"
 JG> HREF2="http://www.mymirror.com.au" HREF3="http://www.mymirror.com.tw">

 JG> The only problem it does not solve is if the source document itself
 JG> cannot be retrieved for some reason or another. That could be up to a
 JG> supplementary HTTP server redirecting requests to an appropriate
 JG> mirror, but that's for the hardware guys to work on, not me.

Actually, it does, if the client is smart enough. Most clients today
use disk cache, so why not use part of that as a database of mirrors?
Or maybe extend the bookmark list to contain mirrors (it could contain
mirrors of objects not visible in the bookmarks as well).

As long as the user has seen the document once, his client could know
where to find a mirror.

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/