Re: Whither client-side style sheets?

> >At 18:29 98/04/24 -0400, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> >> In the beginning, there was the idea that a user could have a style sheet
> >> which would override an incoming document's style sheet. Whatever
> happened
> >> to that idea? Have any browser manufacturers built support for it?
>
> There's support in MS Internet Explorer 4.0
> See Internet Options.  It's the Accessibility option in the General tab.
> There's an option for selecting a user defined style sheet.

   Just to be completely clear, this is an option in MSIE 4.0 for Win9, and
maybe also the UNIX versions (although I'll have to check on that).  The
Macintosh version does not yet have this functionality.

                              -- EMeyer

--
Eric A. Meyer  #  eam3@po.cwru.edu  #  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
   Hypermedia Systems Manager