Re: Printing tags

>Date: 22 Apr 1998 14:47:16 +0100
>From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
>To: h.chu4@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
>Cc: www-html@w3.org
>Subject: Re: Printing tags
>
>   Wouldn't it be nice to have these tags: <NOPRINT> </NOPRINT>.  With
>   everything in between filtered out when the page is printed out.  So
it could
>   be used to stop navigation bars (usually placed above and below the
page
>   content) from being printed.  It would probably save quite a lot of
paper.

I would think that CSS would be better qualified to handle this.

>This is what the old HTML3 <BANNER> was for, but most browser authors
>failed to implement it. You can do the same with conditional marked
>sections, or even with attributes, but again, browsers don't support
>them.
>I'm afraid the days are long past when you can expect anything to be
>added to HTML now that XML is out.

Not necessarily. HTML is still the way to go when designing websites.
Essentially, everybody has put in too much effort to back out now.

>///Peter

------------ "I am not a number! I am a free man!" ---------------
                                        - The Prisoner*

*or a USC student       <gwalla@planetall.com>