Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Dave Carter wrote:
> The whole problem is that Netscape and Microsoft control W3C because
> they pay money to it and users (who largely have no money) have lost
any
> chance of influencing developments. Thats why I feel W3C has lost all
> credibility as a standards body. Trouble is is there anything else.
At
> least Governments have some kind of control over ISO.

Governmental control? Oh, yes, that would certainly give us peons a
forum for influencing standards! Shall 'we' also require prospective
browser makers to purchase a building permit and submit to regular code
inspections?

IMHO, the W3C lists are a fine place for influencing W3C standards. At
least some of the industry reps who monitor the lists are amenable to
suggestion and responsive to criticism. They don't tax me for their
presence, nor do they require 'gifts' for special dispensations.

David Perrell