Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.970910164556.5084F-100000@cass40>,
Dave Carter <dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> The whole problem is that Netscape and Microsoft control W3C because
> they pay money to it and users (who largely have no money) have lost any
> chance of influencing developments. Thats why I feel W3C has lost all
> credibility as a standards body. Trouble is is there anything else. At
> least Governments have some kind of control over ISO.

There is however absolutely no requirement for any browser maker
to follow any ISO standard on HTML, HTTP or anything else you might
need on the WWW.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>