Re: "Umlaut" in Button and ALT

From: Volker Kroll <vkroll@i-m-r-k.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 11:25:32 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi all,

we tested a little more. IE 3.01 doesn't have the problems with the umlauts
but 3.0 (international version/MacOS 7.6(1??) german) have. I think MS has
shipped a font for monospaced Text in iso8859-1 with the new version and
hasn't with the old). The tip with the alphanumeric values works well in
both.

We decided to leave a message on the site to use IE3.01 instead of 3.0 and
will change the umlauts from the &FOOuml; to the alphanumeric ones in
future (The problem is, that HomeSite on WIn 0.95 and PageSpinner on MacOS
cannot change them automatically).

BTW: are there browsers out there which cannot display the alphanumeric
umlauts?

Thanks for all the hints!!

Volker
Internet Marketing Roose + Kroll