output of cgi to a new window

From: David Basiji <basiji@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I have a cgi script which sends its output to a new browser window.
(see http://weber.u.washington.edu/~basiji/Ballistics/wbc.html)
I'm using a hack on the input form that works with most browsers:
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="wbc.cgi" TARGET="output">
The TARGET tag is nonstandard but does work except with AOL browsers.
Is there a more standard way to implement this feature so it won't mess
up the browsers?

Thanks,
Dave
David A. Basiji
UW Bioengineering/Molecular Biotechnology
(206) 616-1020, basiji@u.washington.edu, http://weber.u.washington.edu/~basiji
"I don't speak for the University of Washington."