Re: Directory Trees

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997, Tim Bagot wrote:

> I think it would be useful to have another list-like element which could
> be nested to produce collapsible trees. This would also be useful for long
> lists of contents, permitting painless navigation of several levels of
> subheadings.
>
> Tim Bagot

Liam Quinn and Rob have both suggested the use of style sheets, and I
agree. I think it is already possible by combining CSS1 with Microsoft's
DHTML, but this strikes me as rather cumbersome, especially if the
document is being written by hand; a simple method requiring the
typing of only one or two additional codes per list would certainly be
convenient.