Re: Dynamic imagemaps

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, David Perrell wrote:

> As CSS, JSSS, Dynamic HTML, and vector graphics come into use, the
> current pixel-based imagemap spec will be inadequate. Imagemap
> coordinates should be spec'able in percentage values, where percentage
> refers to the dimensions of the image to which the map is applied. A
> map specified with percentage values would still be valid no matter how
> the image size is spec'ed or dynamically changed.

This sounds reasonable to me, but it would break downlevel user agents.
Another change needed is the ability to specify client-side image maps
for image submit buttons (INPUT TYPE=IMAGE). This is needed on
accessibility grounds, to enable text-only browsers to offer a textual
menu of choices.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett