Re: HTML forms

At 08:23 PM 3/3/97 -0500, nemo/Joel N. Weber II wrote:
>And on X, the control key is not likely to be used in anything except
>shell windows.  Also, it's one of the few modifiers that seems to exist
>on almost all X terminals (sun keyboards don't have a key marked 'alt').

My Sun5c keyboard has an alt key - it's just that (as Jamie Zawinski
points out in his comments on the Netscape.ad (app defaults) file,
it doesn't send "alt", it sends "meta") - there is also a meta, or
"diamond" key, which for reasons unbeknownst to me, sends "alt" when
it is pressed. YMMV.

>But the key activates the button, not the label describing the button.
>
>If you click on the button, something happens.  If you click on its label,
>I don't think anything happens.  So why would keystrokes make more sense
>on the label than the button?

On most systems, notably Windows, a label is not capable of taking the
focus, so expect some confused cries from developers if this association
is made. It's kind of bassackwards from the way things actually work...

Steve

--
Steven Champeon               | "Java is going to be like a drug you rub
Web Guru / Intranet Builder   | on venture capitalists to get them excited."