Re: Why style sheets

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.970118132702.4603X-100000@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>,
"Joel N. Weber II" <nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:
> > If you use the same stylesheet on all your documents, you only
> > need one access for all the style information. It's just like with
> > images; if you use the same image for your logo on all your pages,
> > a viewer only needs to download it once.
>
> Or if the style sheets differ, you can use a data: URL.

Would you mind explaining that? As I understand it, the data
URL is used to inline data, but there is already a mechanism
for that: the STYLE element (goes in the head of a document).

Galactus

- --
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>