Re: New tags. Reply to Galactus.

>OpeDog <opedog@csra.net> wrote:
>> Hey, don't you guys think <indent> is a good idea?
>> Or how about in accordance with <hr> there's a <vr>?

Galactuc wrote

>How does this contribute to the structure of the document?

OpeDog wrote

>> Okay, how about <date
>> format="MM/DD/YYYY"><time>?

Galactus Wrote

>What purpose does htis serve? If you want to hardcode a particular
>time, go ahead, but I already have (*counts*) five clocks at my
>disposal at this moment; I really don't need one more in every
>HTML document I read.
>
>What's with all the new tag wishes, by the way? Did some WebZine
>do an article on the W3C with "To get new tags, bug the guys at
>www-html@w3.org" or something?

Currently OpeDog wrote,

Listen, I'm sorry I insulted so many people by saying that <indent> was a
good idea. What if an HTML designer (in the loosest since) doesn't know
about style sheet (like me) and doesn't know how to indent.  Would this not
be an easy solution? Even if it does turn out to be a flop, what would it hurt?

Also, if you'll look on my HomePage, you'll see it is just a big table. In
that table I have vertical dividers in between all the columns. These
dividers are just gray images that are very tall and perhaps essentially
useless, but they serve a noble purpose. Besides the structure of the
document, it serves no other purpose and it really only serves a minor one
at that, so I'll state again, what would it hurt?

About the <date format="whatever">.  You don't see this as a good idea? None
of you?  Instead of having to call on server-side images or JavaScript, why
not code one in HTML to save time? It would be easy and it would save time.
I don't see a downside.

I'm not making any wishes for any tags.  I'm just trying to add to the
"technical discussion" (mentioned in a previous E-mail) of this mailing
list.  I apologize for that, too.

          __o	      opedog@csra.net
	 _`\<,         PLEASE VISIT
      __(_)/_(_)  http://www.csra.net/opedog/

	"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
	 The valiant never taste of death but once."
					~~~~Shakespeare.