Re: New tags.

In article <199701131250.HAA10495@www10.w3.org>,
OpeDog <opedog@csra.net> wrote:
> Hey, don't you guys think <indent> is a good idea?

No.

> Or how about in
> accordance with <hr> there's a <vr>?

How does this contribute to the structure of the document?

> Okay, how about <date
> format="MM/DD/YYYY"><time>?

What purpose does htis serve? If you want to hardcode a particular
time, go ahead, but I already have (*counts*) five clocks at my
disposal at this moment; I really don't need one more in every
HTML document I read.

What's with all the new tag wishes, by the way? Did some WebZine
do an article on the W3C with "To get new tags, bug the guys at
www-html@w3.org" or something?

- --
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>