Re: HTML 3.2 PR

John Edward Luke wrote:

Try to keep number of characters in a column below 80. Thank you.

> I suggest the following revisions for HTML:
>
> 1. Have a date function to show the browser exactly what date and time
> they are viewing the page

Date function? Date tag? Date header? The browser knows what is the time
of day (if OS knows) and it can display it. What's it got to do with HTML?

> 2. Provide a right justify capability without having to use a table

<P ALIGN=RIGHT>? <DIV ALIGN=RIGHT>? Or you meant something else?

> 3. Provide for pagination controls in output (where will page breaks occur,
> of course this depends but the <P></P> pagagraph markers are a good start).

A style sheet issue, not HTML.

> 4. Provide an easy method for assigning passwords to pages.

Server issue, not HTML. If your server can't do it, install the one that can.
If it's not available for your OS, switch to Unix. :)

> 5. Incorporate the <MARQUEE></MARQUEE> tag

What was that thing supposed to do? I don't have browser which supports it.

> 6. Create a parser for HTML and stop worrying about incorporating SGML.

Why?

> 7. Allow users to substitute the bullet in <UL> by adding a specification
  <UL img src="bullet.jpg"> rather than having to use the image command
  on every line.

Something like that exists in HTML 3.0 proposal (of course, without img
attribute). If some browsers don't implement it, ask their developers to
do something about it.

> 8. Allow music to play even after switching pages and put a button on the
  browser to allow the user to control its playing or stopping.

HTML specification can't order browsers to have or not to have buttons.

> 9. Provide an easy inclusion to log access locations and persons.

How about asking those persons if they want to be logged in the first place?

> 10. Reinstate the <HTML Version = "3.2"> tag along with the doctype
  for compatibility and identification of source.

Compatibility with what? I've never seen this thing.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

dave@srce.hr
dave@fly.cc.fer.hr