Re: My bi-monthly bomb throwing: WebTV-HTML

At 09:01 12/12/96 -0800, you wrote:
>WebTV has now made their own 'contributions' to the world of HTML tags
>and attributes:
[listed]

I have boldly gone where no DTD has trod before and included all the WebTV
elements and attributes in the v0r11 of HTML Pro, out in a couple of days.

WebTV themselves have not come back to me with any DTD fragment, so I did
it by deduction and guesswork: there were only a couple of uncertain bits.

Despite your misgivings, most of their stuff in fact makes perfectly good
sense for a TV-based browser. Some of the presentation stuff is a bit weak
in the knees (<shadow> when <em class="shadow"> makes more sense) and the
only real clanger was their implementation of <U> underlining as if it was
a synonym for <UL>.

Anyway, it's in there, and it fits without making a big noise, so I'm
shipping a copy of the DTD to them for comment. My feeling is that they
will need better authoring tools if content providers are to make pages
work well for [Web]TV browser users, and adding it all to HTML Pro does
at least give these people the option of using a real editor :-)

///Peter--
   "Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted his root directory.