RE: A simple question

Interesting naming scheme you cats have over there at aol.  Its been a while since I've had to give a definition, but here's the gist of it.

Tylenol, Advil, Alleve, Bayer Aspirin, etc., etc.  Just a bunch of pain killers, right? Well for many people, yes they are.  When you have a headache and you're not carrying your own remedy, you'll pretty much accept whatever someone else has to offer whether its generic or name brand.  So when companies realize they're in a market where the product they bring to market is rather generic in terms of its competition, they try to tweak its image.  They try to give a means for you, the consumer, to 'differentiate' between its product and all the others.

I was a double major in Econ and Comp Sci.  For the last 2 1/2 years I've been working w/ computers, so my Econ may be a little rusty.  You may want to consult a good book on the Economics of Industry for a more formal definition.

Good luck on your report
mx.

Michael G. Xenakis		PLATINUM technology, inc.
mxenakis@psca.com		www.platinum.com
voice: 800.526.9096 x3007	page: 800.555.7017

"There is only one thing of which you can be certain, the sun will rise in the
East and set in the West.  Should you find that's not the case, then I'd advise
you face the other direction!"