Re: Comments on HTMl 4 draft (9/Nov/1997)

[Ian Hickson]
> On 17 Dec 97, I wrote:
> > <MORE> Indicates means for getting further information on the
> > topic discussed.

[...]

> CITE:
>    Contains a citation or a reference to other sources.
> [...]
> ------------------------------
>
> I think this matches exactly what I had in mind. Why didn't anybody
> pick this up? I checked the archives and it was already in the W3C
> Working Draft dated 8-July-1997!!!

Um... it was also in HTML 2.0 (<cite>RFC 1866</cite>), and in earlier
versions of HTML as well.  But I don't think it's what you were
looking for, since it's not a link, just a bibliographic type
citation, usually rendered in italics by GUI browsers and underlined
by Lynx.  As Rob pointed out, what you want is <a class="moreinfo"

-Chris