Re: Comments on HTMl 4 draft (9/Nov/1997)

On 17 Dec 97, Ian Hickson <exxieh@bath.ac.uk> wrote:
> [..]
> <MORE> Indicates means for getting further information on the topic
> discussed.

Confusing. It implies a link going somewhere. Better to use CSS for
change the appearence of (a special class of) the <A> element.

> <COMMENT> Indicates text which comments on adjacent paragraphs.

Another bad idea. A page can be full of comments. Also, users my confuse
that with <!-- --> which can lead to problems. Something like <NOTE> or
<WARNING> was in the HTML 3.0 draft once.

-----
"The word to 'kill' ain't dirty    | Robert Rothenburg wlkngowl@unix.asb.com
 I used it in the last line        | http://www.asb.com/usr/wlkngowl
 but use the short word for lovin' | http://www.wusb.org/mutant
 and Dad you wind up doin' time."  | PGP'd mail welcome (ID 0x5D3F2E99)