Re: <resouce>, links, and addresses [was: W3C and Handle technology ]

David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet wrote:
>> Yes; ID is just a more generic way of handling this than NAME.
>
>Too bad it's not as widely supported. MSIE 3 doesn't understand ID.

	Surely it will, soon, though.  IDs are important for styles.  Adding
a function to register them as named anchors (essentially as the HTML 3.0
SPOT) as well is trivial.

	Could we have a comment about this matter from the MicroSoft
folks?

				Fote