Re: Frames - the saga continues...

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Shawn Steele wrote:

> really changable unless someone proposes another standard AND the W3C,
> Netscape, AND Microsoft all go for it.

The only thing I don't like about frames is the nagging problem of
dealing with lots of multiple scrolling windows... mainly ones that don't
scroll well (eg: button bars).

A few ways I myself can see around this is additions to the FRAMES and
FRAMESET statements that netscape provides.

1> Allow some way of defining that the source should or can be 'resized'
(either vertically or horizontally) so that it fills the frame space
totally (in or out of perspective/ratio as well).

2> Allow some way of defining maximum and minimum pixel size areas for a
frame, thereby allowing more or less room. If the pixel size cannot be
allocated, then the browser should point to a pre-defined url or page
reference, which the site author can define in their HTML, or the browser
should display the contents of the NOFRAMES part of the HTML block if
there is no url predefined.

| Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)  - You may be human, but you're still animals! |
| nakor@glasswings.com.au - If you've done 6 impossible things, write HTML |