Re: HTML 3.2 PR: Please add CLASS attribute!

In article <199611300043.AAA28959@curia.ucc.ie>,
Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie> wrote:
> Right. No-one in their right minds should expect 3.2 to be anything
> other than a toy.

Then which DTD should I advise people to validate against if they're
just beginning to understand the necessity of validation? HTML 3.2
with CLASS would cover almost every current document, except those
using frames.

Is HTML Pro already available on Webtechs or the KGV? Do you think
it would be a good alternative to HTML 3.2?

Second, if I adapt my copy of HTML 3.2 to something I like, I can
validate all my documents easily, using SP or something. But then
what DOCTYPE declaration should I use, if I want advanced browsers
that support arbitrary DTDS to be able to parse my documents?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//WDG//DTD HTML 3.2g//EN"
 "http://www.htmlhelp.com/dtd/html-3.2g"> perhaps?

Galactus

- --
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665