Re: HTML 3.2 PR

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Michael Seaton <mseaton@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Also something like adding a home page tag in the head statement, to let
> > the browser 'know' where the home page for this document is (and offer
> > say, a little button in the browser so you can go to that home page)
> > would be useful, but not essential.
>
> <LINK REL=HOME HREF="http://www.somewhere.org/index.html">
>
> <LINK> is included in RFC 1866.  A pity that it's so badly supported.

I know.. a large pity in my opinion.  Some browser vendors are just sooo
thick!

Mebbe someone should put <LINK> in as a revamped HTML 3.2 command (so the
vendors actually start using it rather than just ignoring it all the time!)

Then they'd have to include it if they wanna be known as supporting HTML 3.2

| Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)  - You may be human, but you're still animals! |
| nakor@glasswings.com.au - Man is territorial. Violence is our response.  |