Re: Masking input types.

On 24 Mar 96, www-html@w3.org wrote:

> Can't you use the PASSWORD input type for this?
>
> Or are you looking for something different?

Something with more power on it. Do you remember old Clipper definition
masks? I.e.

	GET num PICTURE "999,999.9"
	GET str PICTURE "@K"
	GET num PICTURE "@)"

these can be translated into

	<input type=text mask="999,999.9">
	<input type=text mask="@K">
	<input type=text mask="@)">

The first of these declarations is a number with six integer positions and a
decimal; the final result yields in a more readable number because the
thousand and the decimal separators.

The second declaration erases the previous content if the key pressed is
different than the 'Enter' key.

The third declaration puts a negative number within parentheses when the
user leaves the field.

And so on. I don't remember exactly what definitions were, but you can
get the idea (I hope).

Best wishes.

   Domingo Siliceo
     -- 638net --