Re: Netscape tags not HTML3.0 compatible

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> > Subject: HTML3.0 tags not Netscape compatible
>
> You mean, "Netscape tags not HTML3.0 compatible", i think.  Netscape
> is not a standards body.

   No, that's NOT what he meant. He meant exactly what he said. If
Netscape, at this point the most popular graphics browser, isn't going to
support the HTML 3.0 standards which we are attampting to set up, then
how will we ever get any standards. Are we just waisting our time?
Netscape seems to have conveniently ignored certain HTML tags which they
don't want to use. They talk all sweet and innocent "Netscape remains
committed to supporting HTML 3.0" But we all know that that's bullshit.
The question is: will there ever really be a standard which all browsers
follow?
 --Dan Delaney
                                                          ////
                                                         (o  o)
   Daniel G. Delaney (Dionysos)                  |  Louisville Times  |
   University Publications (Univ. of Lou.)       |       Chorus       |
      dgdela01@Homer.Louisville.edu              | ooooO        Ooooo |
      Houchens Building                           --\  |--------|  /---
      502-852-0716                                   \_|        |_/