Re: Message from WEBER at BCRVM1

I've received ten messages from WEBER in the last couple of hours and am
getting heartily sick of them. This is worse than being spammed ! I
appreciate Martin Hamilton's solution - but will the postmaster have to
repeat it for every self-important individual who chooses to inflict his
or her schedule upon us ? I suggest this, if not tantamount to spamming,
is certainly highly inappropriate behaviour, and warrents WEBERs
temporary removal from the list (if he wants to catch up he can read the
archives). Alternatively, how do people feel about saving these messages
- and mailing them back to WEBER on the 18th ? (Sorry if this sounds too
extreme :-)   )

Roger

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Jon Wallis wrote:

> Hi
>
> At 20:10 08/03/96 -0500, Scheckie Irons wrote:
> >> I will be unreachable via e-mail...
> >
> >Does no one reading this list have the authority to boot autoresponders run
> >amok?  If not, we have ten more days of drivel coming.
>
> I have now mailed "postmaster" at w3.org a number of times about this
> ridiculous situation (this cc'ed there too), but have not yet received a reply.
>
> Regards
> --
> Jon Wallis            Senior Lecturer in Computing / University Webmaster
> School of Computing & I.T.,  University of Wolverhampton,  U.K. - WV1 1SB
> Phone / Fax +44 (0)1902 322203 / 322680   |   e-mail:  j.wallis@wlv.ac.uk
> The University of Wolverhampton Web Page <URL:http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/>
> --My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer (and vice versa)--

Roger Collins
Dept. of Accounting - FAA 13		Phone:- (604)-371-5560
University College of the Cariboo
P.O.Box 3010				Fax:-   (604)-371-5675
Kamloops
British Columbia V2C 5N3		E-mail:- RCOLLINS@CARIBOO.BC.CA