Re: Tag proposal

Tom Magliery writes:

> Ok, we're convinced.  :-)

Yippee!

> NCSA Mosaic for Windows supports the LINK tag in the upcoming version 2.2,
> now in the hands of alpha-testers.  Each LINK tag results in a button being
> added to a special toolbar.

Great. I recall others on the lists suggesting that the right thing to do
with links was in general to populate a button bar with them.

> Clicking on the button takes the action
> (follows the link) associated with the LINK tag.  The implementation is
> done; we're now working on niggling details like whether we should display
> text in the buttons or just icons, what the icons should be, and so on.

That requires a limited set of link relationships; what do you do if you
encounter a new one? Easy if you display text, hard if you display an
icon (only).

> Feedback from alpha-testers has been positive.

Out of interest, what does it do on encountering LINK REL="STYLESHEET" ?

--
Chris Lilley, Technical Author and JISC representative to W3C
|  Manchester and North Training & Education Centre   ( MAN T&EC )  |