Re: ID attribute...

Dan Delaney <dgdela01@homer.louisville.edu> wrote:
>So does any browser support the ID attribute, as in:
>
><A HREF="#subject">
><H2 ID="subject">Blah blah</H2>
>
>or is that idea ancient history and I have to still use <A NAME="subject">?

	Lynx supports an ID attribute for *every* tag in which it can be
used equivalently to <A NAME="foo"></A> or <SPOT ID="foo">, and treats
it that way (Lynx also supports SPOT, which would help avoid the problem
of empty NAMEd Anchors if it, and ID, had been implemented by the major
clients).

	Note that ID is included as an attribute for all appropriate tags
in the i18n HTML WG draft, which was submitted for Proposed Standard and
was posted here.

				Fote