Re: Java and HTML and well known socket numbers

On Jun 3, 11:29pm, MegaZone wrote:
> Subject: Re: Java and HTML and well known socket numbers
[snip]...
> >Question- is it possible for a java applet to begin execution during
> >download? That's a browser issue though.
>
> Well, maybe, but I think it would be tricky to start running a binary
> before the rest is there.
>
> -MZ
> --
>-- End of excerpt from MegaZone

On the applet download topic.  Execution of a downloading applet could occur if
the structure of executable was similar to the overlayed programs of the IBM
and CDC mainframes.  Each segment would have to have a checksum header and it
would probably require a new class of Java app, but the concept of starting a
program as the rest of the program is still being read off of a tape, or an
inbound data stream is not new.

					Any comments?

							Kevin
Kevin J. Dyer					Draper Laboratory  MS 23.
Email: <kdyer@draper.com>		        555 Tech. Sq.
Phone: 617-258-4962				Cambridge, MA 02139
FAX: 617-258-2121
   "The unhandyman: You know you're out of your depth when a visit
    to Home Depot feels like a physics seminar at MIT" - John Powers