Re: Comments in markup?

In article <199607301318.PAA17415@heike.nads.de>,
Rainer Klute <klute@nads.de> wrote:
> >Or is there simply a restriction on *where* such declarations may be
> >used? I find it very strange that you can put <!-- --> anywhere, but
> >not <!ENTITY foo CDATA "&#62"> or something like that.
>
> Exactly. That's the difference between the DTD and the document
> the DTD applies to. All you can do is to modify/extend the DTD
> within the DOCTYPE declaration.

So if I understand this correctly, you can put comment declarations
in the document, but no other SGML declarations?

Is there a particular reason to think up something as perverted as this,
or am I missing something obvious?

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.