Re: True quotes -Reply

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Charles Peyton Taylor wrote:
> "Esthetic retardation"?!?
> Am I the only person who doesn't see this as being
> a greatly important issue (well, Abigail and myself)?
> I mean, we're talking about whether they curl to the
> left, or curl to the right.

  You are ignoring the fact that other languages do not use the same
quotation marks as English. French and German quotes need to have the
left-right distinction. That is why a <Q>...</Q> tag would be the ideal
solution.
   No you are not the only one who thinks that the aesthetic of it is not
as important as the functionality. But many of us do feel that typography
is important.

 Daniel G. Delaney                             Computer Coordinator
 dgdela01@homer.louisville.edu              University Publications
                                           University of Louisville
 aka: Dionysos, Belteshazzar                           502-852-0716
      T H E   L O U I S V I L L E   T I M E S   C H O R U S
                  a     c  a  p  p  e  l  l  a