Re: What about the OBJECT tag?

Thomas Reardon <thomasre@microsoft.com> wrote:
>Thats a pretty lame description, we'll need to broaden for sure.
>
>You can also use it for Java code (Sun was quite active in designing
>OBJECT).
>
>For IE, also used to insert PNG images when we get around to shipping
>the PNG ActiveX Control.

	To get back to the point of your original post, Explorer 3.0
implements OBJECT and uses it in conjunction with SCRIPT, as in the
W3C working drafts.  But the OBJECTs in your demos are empty containers.
Is there any chance of your demos also "demonstrating" how to include
appropriate content in the OBJECTs for the benefit of text clients
and GUIs with those features turned off or not available?

	In contrast Netscape has added NOSCRIPT containers within
SCRIPT containers, which could be problematic for SCRIPTs handled
as HEAD elements (though I haven't looked at that NetscapeML very
carefully yet), and I didn't see any mention of OBJECT or indication
that it's on the way (despite the fact that Netscape participated
it developing the OBJECT draft).

				Fote