Re: Round 2: moving HTTP 1.0 to informational

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996 jg@w3.org wrote:

> 	Alta Vista is the answer, now what is the question...
>
> 	http://altavista.digital.com/, search on "urn archives",
> immediately gives the right answer....
> 			- Jim

And the question is, "How do you get a list of over 6000 documents and
three copies of the same email from Jim in your inbox?"

You are going to have to be a *LOT* more explict in what you are trying
to say. I have no inclination to read 6000+ documents to find the one you
might have had in mind. Exactly why do you feel URNs are relevant to my
suggestion that it ought to be possible to be able to submit POST
method using explicitly specified inline text as the hot link instead of
'Big Buttons' (which is the way every graphical brower on earth seems to
handle INPUT="SUBMIT")?

If you were instead referring to the 'anti-caching' section of my article
(a little quoting is a *good* thing) - unimplemented document
identification schemes are useless for solving the practical problem of
'how do I keep AOL and Mosaic from screwing up shopping baskets with
their broken caching'.

--
Benjamin Franz