Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

Derek

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Derek Harding wrote:

> At 11:21 AM 26-02-96 +1100, you wrote:
> >
> >Already there are programs that 'roam' the Internet, and I assume that a
> >particular kind of information would not be difficult to target, right?
> >
> I'm not clear on the relevance of web robots in this situation. Perhaps you
> could clarify.

I thought others contributing to this discussion list also covers this
much better tha I could.

> >Already there are some "interesting" applications like NetWatcher that
> >can be called on by your local friendly sysop.  I do not see much protection
> >of personal information once he/she takes over your session, do you?
> "takes over your session" could you explain this to me? Perhaps I'm being
> dim but I do not understand what you're getting at.

Maybe you could use one of the search engines available for the web, or
better still, newsgroups instead of having me do your homework. I'm sure
you'll come across the application quite readily (it was written up in
one of the *announce groups within the last week or so).

Rob...

Robert Hazeltine                    r.hazeltine@nepean.uws.edu.au
Library Web Support                 http://www.nepean.uws.edu.au/library/